For the thousands of people that were lucky enough play this game in elementary school, this will be a blast from the past. Number Munchers was an educational math game originally developed for the Apple by Mecc. Basically, what you do is travel around the board and eat the right answers. Avoid the Troggles, as you will lose a life if they catch you.
This spot-on remake by Nick Andren does an excellent job of capturing the essense of the Number Munchers game we knew and loved back in the day.
Vista users: If you are having trouble getting it working, try using DOSBox. Once you have it installed, follow these steps:
1. Extract number_munchers.zip into a folder.
2. Move this folder (mine is called number_munchers) to your C:\ drive. The game should now be located in C:\number_munchers\.
3. Run DOSBox-0.72 from the start menu or desktop.
4. In the black console window, type mount c c:\number_munchers\ and press Enter.
5. Type C:\munchers and press Enter. The game should now be running. Use arrow keys and the spacebar to play.
6. If the game is running too slow, press CTRL+F12 as many times as you need until it runs fast enough.